Working at Aethera™
Aethera™ employs great people, celebrates diversity and supports forward-thinking solutions based on passion, creativity, learning and hard work. We work as a team, listen with an open mind, value alternative ideas and promote open communication with each other and our clients.
Aethera™ Technologies Limited is an advanced electronic engineering company located in the Bayer’s Lake area in Halifax. Their team includes leading experts in the field of High-Power Radio Frequency systems and leverages their extensive experience providing customers with innovative engineering solutions and systems around the world. By providing advanced radio frequency solutions for heating and wireless communications, Aethera™ helps their clients become leaders in their markets.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, and working alongside operations, engineering, and quality staff, the Electromechanical Assembler participates in the kitting, fabrication, assembly, inspection, and testing of equipment and systems. The Electromechanical Assembler participates in manufacturing reviews and may work alongside electrical, mechanical, and software engineers to determine the best techniques for assembling and testing our products.
- Sub-assembly manufacture
- Use of various chemicals, adhesives, and compounds to encapsulate and bond parts
- Cable harness assembly
- Crimping and soldering cable connections
- Equipment racking
- Aligning parts on jigs using both templates and fixtures
- Performing minor part-fitting operations
- Measuring parts and components against requirements
- Working from drawings, bills of materials, assembly instructions, and wiring diagrams
- Knowledge, skills, and experience working in an electronic product development and manufacturing environment
- You can sit, stand, and lift, and have full visual acuity
- Your written and verbal communication skills enable you to work with a variety of stakeholders
- You can monitor and verify quality, document and report issues, and contribute to corrective actions that ensure continuous product and process improvement
- You enjoy the opportunity to work both as an individual contributor and as part of a team
- Familiarity with relevant IPC and ISO manufacturing standards is a plus.
- You must be eligible to apply for and maintain Canadian Controlled Goods, Industrial Security, and other security clearances needed for the company business.
Electrical Engineer/Project Leader
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, and working alongside operations, production, and quality staff, the Electrical Engineer / Project Leader is involved in the design, development, fabrication, testing, installation, and support of our equipment and systems. Depending upon experience and expertise, the Electrical Engineer may also lead a team in developing new technologies or new markets. Project Leads work closely with clients to understand specifications and requirements, develop a product vision; ensure regulatory, reliability, performance, and maintainability standards are met; and manage resources, cost, and schedule against budgeted targets.
- Design activities including power electronics, embedded control systems, circuit board designs, and overall electromechanical system design
- Acting as a technical project lead to move client projects from concept to completion while meeting client expectations and schedule
- Leading a small team of technologists, technicians, or engineers through various projects and day-to-day tasks
- Developing test procedures and test fixtures
- Developing and executing design verification testing and recommending solutions to ensure that the product meets specifications at various electrical and environmental conditions
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of engineering proofs-of-concepts, prototypes, and first articles
- Assisting with low volume manufacturing including interfacing directly with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Communicating directly with and supporting customers with all aspects of the product lifecycle, including requirements gathering, installation, and service
- Performing as a product expert in support of marketing, pre-sales, and post-sales activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role and field
- Hands on experience with electronics manufacturing, testing, and soldering equipment
- Experience leading and handling various projects from conception to completion
- Experience overseeing or managing a team is an asset
- Knowledge of relevant software tools, such as 3D Mechanical CAD, PCB Design, ERP, Microsoft Office, and/or MATLAB, is an asset
- Great ability to multitask and perform under pressure
- Strong mechanical aptitude with systems experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as necessary
- Able to meet the requirements needed for Controlled Goods registration, Industrial Security, and other security requirements needed for the company business operations
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Electronics Technologist will assist engineering to build and test high power radio frequency electronics to meet customer, reliability, regulatory and performance requirements within budgeted cost and schedule.
- Developing and executing design verification testing, design evaluation, design margins and analysis of product performance to meet specifications at various electrical and environmental conditions.
- Developing test procedures and test fixtures
- Performing verification tests and recommending solutions to ensure that the designed product conforms to design requirements.
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of engineering proof-of-concepts
- Assisting with low volume manufacturing including interfacing directly with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Communicating directly with and supporting customers with all aspects of product lifecycle including requirements, installation and service.
- Graduated from an Electrical Engineering Technology program or have equivalent knowledge, training, and experience
- Familiar with relevant software tools including 3D Mechanical CAD and PCB Design
- Hands on experience with electronics manufacturing, testing and soldering equipment would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Able to travel within North America and abroad, if necessary